Recent Comments

Can you eat this if you are on high blood medicine

• 3 weeks 14 hours ago by: Mema in reply to: The Bitter Melon Truth

Can you eat this if you are on high blood medicine

• 3 weeks 14 hours ago by: Mema in reply to: The Bitter Melon Truth

Can you eat this if you are on high blood medicine

• 6 weeks 2 days ago by: Mary Reynolds in reply to: Ode to a Radish

Just looking for an ode to the radish and what do I find!  Fun, fun, fun.  We love them here at Riverbend and I think that they are especially good this year.  So glad you've found this simple Springtime pleasure to the eye and the pallete. Maybe we will see you at the farm again?

• 6 weeks 6 days ago by: Fred Linda Murray in reply to: Silver Springs Cattle Company

Greg the farm looks great your gradparents would be happy with what you are doing.

• 8 weeks 4 days ago by: Morgan in reply to: Kitchen Basics: Making homemade ghee

I have made ghee several times, but my last two times came out perfectly, almost by accident. I take two 8oz blocks, put it in the saucepan, set the heat level to 2-3 (on a scale of 10, so medium-low), and then walk away for an hour to 70 minutes. I don't stir, I don't swirl, I don't touch it until the hour or so is done. It looks burnt on top, and I actually thought it was the first time I made it, but it smelled wonderful and tasted DELICIOUS!  It almost had a toffee or caramel note to its flavor. I've used this method twice now and have yielded the same results both times. The first time I made it this way was almost an accident, as I had set the butter in the saucepan, had to take care of my son & get him down for nap and then feed my 8 month old daughter which took a little longer than anticipated. While tending to my kids, one hour had passed. I was afraid I had burnt it when I came back to it, because I hadn't seen or stirred it since I started it.

• 12 weeks 8 hours ago by: Anonymous in reply to: Great Grains: Teff -- The Jury's Still Out

I just tried Teff. I won't go so far as saying,"I love it". It wasn't bad. The smell is a little off putting. I cooked the grain in water fo about 15 minutes like a porridge. I added cinnamon which really helped the smell. I would definitely try it again. I would add it to other grains to see how a combination tastes. I feel that this would be a great addition to a baked good or a smoothie.