Forgive us for a little bit of hyperbole, please - we're just really, really excited. After weeks of scheming, plotting, cutting deals, and eating out, Simple, Good, and Tasty is absolutely thrilled to launch our Local Food Lover program.
The program offers participants discounts at many of the best local, sustainable, organic, and fair trade businesses in the Twin Cities. Here are just a few highlights:
- Buy one get one free entrées at Common Roots and Brasa Premium Rotisserie
- $10 off 2 entrees at Spoonriver
- Free desserts with the purchase of an entree at the Birchwood Cafe, Restaurant Alma, and Sen Yai Sen Lek
- 10% off all purchases at Galactic Pizza, Grassroots Gourmet, and Local D’lish
- $8 off a cake at Salty Tart
- $5 off your $25 purchase at Clancey’s Meat and Fish Market
- $5 off your $40 purchase at Linden Hills Co-op
- 2 free items with a $20 purchase from Sweet Cheeks Baby Food
- A free glass of wine with the purchase of an entree at the Craftsman
- A buy one get one free sandwich at Golden's Deli
- Buy 1 get 1 free ice cream cones at Pumphouse Creamery every month for a year
- $2 off every $10 purchase at Fireroast Mountain Cafe
- 20% off all of your purchases at Peacecoffee.com
Our partners in this program have been handpicked and vetted by our advisors (and me!). Every single one of them knows where their food comes from and supports sustainable growing practices. We've launched with 20 partners and offers, and we're adding more all the time.
Wow, cool! This thing must cost a fortune!
Nope. It costs just $29, as it turns out. And it'll save you more than a hundred bucks. And it would be super-cool if you'd join now!
Sounds Terrific! Is That All?
No, that's not all. A portion of all proceeds go directly to the Institute for Agriculture and Trade Pollicy (IATP), a Minnesota-based, international organization focused on farm to school, food deserts, and a host of incredibly important policy issues related to food and fair trade.
The cards are beautiful!
How do I join this amazing program?
The Local Food Lover program officially launches tonight at The Craftsman, but the cards are available online and at The Birchwood Cafe and Brasa (both Minneapolis and St. Paul locations) right now (they will be available at Local D'lish and Grassroots Gourmet by lunchtime today). They make a fantastic holiday gift for the eco-friendly, local food lover on your list.
Don't live in Minnesota?
That's awful, you should move here! In the meantime, you must know a Minnesotan who deserves a gift, right? C'mon, you know you want to join.