Lucia Watson is a phenomenal chef and business person who is extremely important in the Twin Cities local, sustainable food movement. She makes some of the finest food in the country. Here's a bit more about Lucia Watson, who you might not know much about - especially if you don't live in the Midwest (this information comes from Lucia's website):
- She owns Lucia's Restaurant, Lucia's Wine Bar, and Lucia's To Go, where people have been coming for some of the best food in the Twin Cities for more than 20 years.
- She has written two books: Savoring The Seasons Of The Northern Heartland with co author Beth Dooley, and Cooking Freshwater Fish.
- She received a James Beard Nomination for best chef in the Midwest in 2004, 2005, and 2006.
- She served a four year term on the Organic Advisory Task Force to the Minnesota Department of Agriculture.
- She teaches and speaks throughout the year, often in support of sustainability and farming issues.
In short, if you want to know about local, sustainable food in the Twin Cities, you gotta know about Lucia Watson.