Spring is such an exciting time! Although it's too early to start planting right now (apparently, winter might not be over yet), it's not too early to start thinking about the work that needs to get done to make this summer our most productive and fun ever. For me, that means warming the soil for our backyard farm, experimenting with different homemade mustard recipes, joining a CSA, and looking for ways to help my kids understand where our food comes from.
Simple, Good, and Tasty is thrilled to partner with some of our favorite Minnesota local food businesses to present Riverbend Farm Days, an opportunity to experience Riverbend organic farm with our families and community. Here are the details:
- What: Riverbend Farm Days, presented by: Riverbend Farm, Common Roots, Birchwood Cafe, Lucia's, Fair Food Fight, and Simple, Good, and Tasty. This great family-friendly event (we'll put the kids to work too!) includes a chance to help Greg Reynolds plant onions at Riverbend, followed by a delicious lunch provided by Minneapolis' Common Roots Cafe (site of our April local food event).
- When: Saturday, April 24, 10 am - 3 pm
- Where: Riverbend Farm, 5405 Calder Ave SE, Delano, MN, 55328 (about 30 miles west of Minneapolis).
- How: You can meet us there at 10 am, or join us at The Birchwood Cafe or Common Roots at 9 am to carpool.
- Cost: Absolutely free!
- RSVP: Space is limited. Please email us at email@example.com to save a spot. Include your phone number too, please.
Last year's onion planting event at Riverbend was lots of fun - the perfect combination of hard work, great people, and delicious food (my kids had a total blast). We hope you'll join us.
This is the first in a series of 6 Riverbend Farm events this season, occuring on the last Saturday of each month from April to September.
Lee Zukor is the founder of Simple, Good, and Tasty. Email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.